Reggia di Caserta
Built at the behest of Charles III of Bourbon, the Royal Palace of Caserta (Reggia di Caserta) was designed by the architect Luigi Vanvitelli. With a surface area of 45,000 sq. m., the palace has 1200 rooms, 56 staircases, a park, a chapel and a theatre which were all built over a twenty-year period but work on the building slowed down following the death of Vanvitelli and the accession of Ferdinand I. There are many parts of the palace that are worth visiting: the furnishings of the apartments are almost all in Louis XIV style; the theatre, which seats about 50 people and was used for concerts and parties held at court, is built in the style of eighteenth century theatres; the park covers an area of 100 hectares with fountains, waterfalls, bridges, sculptures and the Castelluccia (a miniature castle) built inside the park for the king to pursue his pastimes; the English-style gardens were created at the behest of Queen Maria Carolina and have plants from all over the world.
· For all visitors there are strict containment measures for contagion from Covid-19, which are in addition to the visit regulation that can be consulted on sitoreggiadicaserta.beniculturali.it.
· Entry will take place after measuring body temperature. Access to people above 37.5 degrees will not be allowed.
· It is mandatory to wear a mask, with the exception of children under six years of age as well as subjects with forms of disabilities that are incompatible with the continued use of the same.
· It is mandatory to observe the physical spacing of at least one meter.
· In the Royal Palace it is forbidden to touch surfaces, objects, devices.
· In the Royal Apartments, for guided tours, the maximum number of 10 people per group is set (guide included)
· In the Royal Park, for guided tours, the maximum number of 16 people per group is set (guide included)
· In the Royal Park it is allowed to carry out physical activity with mandatory use of the mask and the maintenance of an interpersonal distance of at least one meter. For sports (running), if it is incompatible with the use of the mask, the interpersonal distance of at least two meters is mandatory. You can ride a bicycle at a moderate walking pace and with a mask.
· It is mandatory for everyone to use the mask near the entrance and exit from the Vanvitelli complex.
· Failure to comply with the safety regulations will result in immediate removal from the Vanvitellian complex. Failure by subscribers to comply with these rules may lead to evaluating the temporary suspension of access.
AddressViale Douhet, 2/a
TimetablesRoyal Apartments from 9.30am to 7.30pm, with last entry at 6.45am. Royal Park from 8.30am to 7.00pm, with last entry at 6.00pm English garden from 8.30am to 6.00pm, with last entry at 5.00pm
ContactsTel. +39 0823 448084 / Email email@example.com
Price without Artecard€ 14,00 Royal Apartments + Royal Park/ € 10,00 Royal Apartments/ € 9,00 Royal Park
With Campania 3 daysFree admission, using 1 of the 2 free access available. You are entitled to reduced price ticket from the 3rd site onwards
With Campania 3 days youngFree admission
With Campania 7 daysFree admission, using 1 of the 5 free access available. You are entitled to reduced price ticket from the 6th site onwards
With 365 Gold PassFree admission, using 2 annual free access available.
With 365 Gold Pass youngFree admission, using 2 annual free access available.
With Artecard ContemporaneoFree admission
Reggia di Caserta