The ‘Gaetani Filangieri’ civic museum is housed in fifteenth-century Palazzo Como, which was built between 1464 and 1490 by the wealthy merchant Angelo Como (or Cuomo) in the Florentine Renaissance style, perhaps to a design by Giuliano da Maiano. In 1881-82, in order to widen the road, it was demolished and rebuilt 20 metres further back. The museum, which opened in 1888, was founded by Gaetano Filangieri the Younger (1824-92), Prince of Satriano, who amassed there all his various precious art and coin collections, the library and the Filangieri archive. Unfortunately, part of the collected material was destroyed in the fire started by German troops at the storage facility in San Paolo di Belsito in September 1943. The museum also has a branch in Villa Livia, at Parco Grifeo 13, which was donated by Domenico de Luca Montalto and houses collections of paintings, porcelain, and furniture. It is also the headquarters of the International Centre for Numismatic Studies.