The Certosa of San Lorenzo is one of the greatest monumental complex in southern Italy and one of the largest in Europe. The building, initiated thanks to the will of Tommaso Sanseverino in 1306, lasted till ‘700. By the vestibule, dominated by the large façade in baroque style, we visit the stables, the workshop, the chemist, the canteens. The church still keeps decorated altars made of scagliola with insertions of pearl, some frescoes of churches (XVI-XVIII centuries), the majolica pavement (XVIII century), the wooden cut choirs in the first decade of the XIV century. Magnificent is the vision of the great cloister: begun in the XV century and finished a century later, it presents two order of arcades. Along the arcade open the lodgings of the certosa monks and down to the cloister, inside an octagonal tower, we can admire an elleptic stairs. The cloister, with its 12.000 mq of space is one of the largest in the world.