The Museum is housed in the crypt of the basilica (Lapidarium section) and in the ancient seat of the Arciconfraternita del SS. Nome di Gesù (Paintings section), formerly the cathedral cemetery. It also includes a contemporary art collection, exhibited in the ‘Via Tecta’, and the collection of eastern icons of Saint Pantaleon, kept in the Ferial Chapel, situated in the vicinity of the rooms that belonged to the Episcopal Court, where the Cathedral Chapter used to meet. In terms of size, the crypt corresponds to the entire space occupied by the cross vault overhead. Its entire width is traversed by a row of six granite columns, which create fourteen small cross-vaulted bays, crowned with various capitals, while two further columns are placed at the entrance of the central apse. The room that contains the picture gallery consists of two cross-vaulted bays and ends in a polygonal apse with three single-light windows opening onto its perimeter. Although the latter was built during the fourteenth century, it is concealed by a baroque veneer that dates back to the consolidation and renovation works carried out during the eighteenth century. The exhibition sections display finds of historical, artistic and archaeological interest, sculptures of exquisite workmanship, stone decorations and church ornaments made of noble metals. In the afternoon, admission to the museum includes a more extensive tour, which allows access to the famous bronze door by Barisano da Trani (1179), the Rogadeo ambo (twelfth century) and thepulpit made by Nicola di Bartolomeo da Foggia (1272). In additional to these outstanding works, mention should also be made of the chapel dedicated to the city’s principal patron saint, Saint Pantaleon, in which the relic containing the saint’s blood is kept, which regularly liquefies on the anniversary of his martyrdom (27 July).